Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween!

10 29 10 ghost I’m frantically trying to finish a bunch of things today – mostly for the Irvington Halloween Festival tomorrow – and still make it to dinner with my husband’s family tonight.  Here’s a quick rundown on what’s going on ‘round here!

It looks like I’m going to be travelling to some other blogs in the next month or so.  I’ve (tentatively) got a guest post at some point on one of my fave blogs, and a giveaway from my Etsy shop on another blog that I’ve recently fallen in love with.  I’ll give you more details when I know for sure both are going to happen.  Don’t think I’m abandoning the ol’ homestead, though – I’m planning a crafty-related giveaway for you guys here, too!

Our pumpkins turned out AWESOME this year!  We are cheaters and use the stencils and pumpkin carving tools.  The hubs did the cat, I did the Jolly Roger, and Bridget did the cool star-jeweled one.  The kit she used was really cool – it had these little pegs (kinda like a Lite Brite) that she hammered in with a hammer.  It was a little safer for a three year old than mini-saws and she loved it.
 10 29 10 pumpkins
This week was my totally my lucky week.  I won this huge witch and two of giant vampire Halloween wall clings from Martha’s Crafters on Twitter.  B’s scared of them, but I think they’re way cool.  Then, I won a swag bag from Prudent Baby on their blog giveaway in honor of Jaime’s new book!  I should buy a lottery ticket, right?

Custom orders are coming in like crazy, which is part of the reason I’m so busy today.  I REALLY need to learn it’s okay to tell people it will be longer than a few days for custom orders.  I always feel like I need to do them RIGHT NOW which is just silly.  I would be much less stressed about getting ready for the show tomorrow if I had just given myself an extra week to finish the custom orders.
 10 29 10 inventory

I can’t leave this post without a few words about Project Runway!  I’m not going to spoil it for you in case you’ve got it DVRed, but here’s how I felt about the collections:
  • I’ve already forgotten the stuff in Gretchen’s collection, so I must not be all that impressed.  In the interest of full disclosure, I really don’t like her so I probably blocked it out.
  • I liked the colors Andy chose and I liked a lot of the looks, but really?  Only two colors for the whole collection?
  • I love Mondo and I loved most of his collection (those buffalo plaid high-waist pants were AWESOME), but some of it was crazy in a bad way.  The bejeweled oversized sweater thing with leggings that was at the beginning of his collection was so not good.

Is anyone else swamped right now?  Is this just a little taste of the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...