Saturday, July 17, 2010

Decisions, decisions

Another awesome stack of fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop arrived today.  I'm excited, but it presents a problem - what to sew next?  I had a little brainstorming session with my husband over the screeches of a teething baby and the endless toddler knock-knock jokes and I'm sure I'll have some good stuff to show you after this weekend.  One thing I will for sure be trying out soon is a superhero cape and mask - Bridget's been begging for one since I suggested it.

My first craft fair experience is going to be at the Rocky Ripple Festival in September.  I'm sharing a booth with my mom (she makes jewelry) to sort of test the waters.  I know myself, though - I need to sign up for another fair for the fall or winter to stay motivated.  I know once I get some experience selling from a booth it will be fine, but I just need to get over those first few events and gain some momentum. 

I'm considering getting my own booth at the Irvington Halloween Festival, but that is only a month after Rocky Ripple, and I'm going on a week-long vacation during that month.  Is that asking for trouble?  I've heard of a pretty good holiday show at Ben Davis High School (which is very close by) in November, but I can't for the life of me find any information on applying for that one.  At any rate, I need to sort it out soon and send in the applications.

On a non-business-related note, we get a delivery of produce every other week from Farm Fresh Delivery.  This is great in that it makes us eat a much wider variety of vegetables than we typically eat.  However, this week we got eggplant, cabbage, and fennel, three things I have never cooked in my life (except for maybe some eggplant in lasagna years ago).  I cook a lot, and I'm not afraid of new things, but I just have to say thank God for the internet.  I search Epicurious and All Recipes like mad to try to find recipes that make use of the random ingredients that show up on my doorstep.  I'm making grilled coleslaw this week - how cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...