Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekend Links, January 15th

Read It
Biz Ladies: Top Ten Etsy Web Apps on Design Sponge.  I use a couple of these now (I’m hooked on Craftopolis and love the Statsy Clockbot for renewing), but a few were new to me. 

Recommended Reading from Megan at Crafting an MBA.  I get Megan’s newsletter (sign up for it, you’ll be happy you did) and this week she wrote about reading business books.  It’s no secret that I read A LOT and this list is chock-full of useful business reads.  Looks like my library request list is about to grow!

A Status Update from Blogging With Amy (via SimplyStacie on Twitter).  This post has a great infographic about Facebook – it is AMAZING how many people are on Facebook every day.  This really makes me want to work harder on my page!


Make it
I Heart Craft Social Swap (via Sister Diane on Twitter).  I’ve never done a swap before, but this one for Valentine cards sounds really fun.

Fitting a Pencil Skirt from The Cupcake Goddess.  I’m taking advantage of some downtime in my Etsy shop to actually sew something for ME!  I’m making a simple pencil skirt and I’m using this info to help with fit.  Actually, there’s a trouser sew-along going on at the Cupcake Goddess now, so I may be convinced to make a pair of pants too.


Win It
BEST. CONTEST. YET. on Prudent Baby.  Jaime and Jacinda are giving away two (TWO!) Brother sewing machines!  All three of my machines (sewing, embroidery/sewing, and serger) are Brothers and I love ‘em all.  You better believe I’m entering this one!  Go find out the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...